What is the duration of the course?
The course commences in January every year, and ends in November.
Each month you commit 12 hours (max 16 hours) to attending lectures and being out in the field.
Can I do this course fulltime over a shorter period?
No. The material covered in Bushveld Mosaic requires time for your theory lectures to be practically integrated. The course assignments and tests are prepared by students as they build upon their knowledge gained from the modules.
What is included in the cost of the course?
Your course fee includes
- Course notes of a high standard and quality
- A monthly weekend field trip (practical sessions)
- All park entrance and camping fees
- Lectures by recognised professionals in their specialist field
- An opportunity to meet and make new friends who are interested in nature
- A Bushveld Mosaic certificate
- First Aid Level 1 certificate